Whether you celebrate Halloween or not, October is a great month for thinking about pumpkins and how they grow. The book is about two mice who happen to be nurturing the same pumpkin. No wonder it gets so big!
Weighing and measuring.
Combinations using tree diagrams.
FREE Downloadable Worksheets:
Pages for younger grades (K-2)
- How Many Ways Can You Measure a Pumpkin?
- Our Pumpkins (a class chart for sharing measurements)
- A Big Pumpkin
Pumpkin Possibilities (Introduction to Tree Diagrams, Grades 2-4)
Find out how many pumpkin faces are possible, if you have 2 kinds of eyes, 2 different noses, and 2 different mouths. Make a tree diagram to show all 8!
- Directions for making the tree diagram
- The Eight Pumpkins
- Four mini-charts to tape together: Chart (a) Chart (b) Chart (c) Chart (d)
OCTOBER Packet… $19.99
This month’s packet includes:
- One paperback copy of “The Biggest Pumpkin Ever” by Steven Kroll.
How do the mice get the pumpkin to grow and grow?
- One paperback copy of partner book “Pumpkin Jack” by Will Hubbell.
What happens after the pumpkin rots? (Seeds grow next spring!)
- Three sets of worksheets:
- Weighing and Measuring (for Grades K-2) – Described above.
- Introduction to Tree Diagrams (for Grades 2-4) – Described above.
- Lesson Extension (for Grades 4-6+). Includes mini-charts to make a larger tree diagram showing 3 kinds of eyes, 2 kinds of noses, and 4 different mouths = 24 pumpkins in all. The full chart is 2.5 x 4.5 feet. Great for an October bulletin board!
Price includes shipping and handling.