Read about Wanda, a little girl who finds a thorn bush in a vacant lot. Convinced that it is a rose bush, she enlists the help of her neighbors to clean up the lot and make a rose garden.
Learn about spirals in nature, then make paper roses… maybe for Mother’s Day!
Geometry: investigating spirals in nature
Planning an aerial view of a garden
Number: Finding three addends that add to 10.
FREE Downloadable Worksheets:
- Teacher Directions(with teaching suggestions and recommended weblinks)
- Funbook 2: page 31. Imagine bouquets of 10 roses in three colors. Record some possible combinations and color your favorite combination.
- Funbook 2: page 32. How would you design YOUR garden?
MAY Packet… $19.99
This month’s packet includes:
- One paperback copy of “Wanda’s Roses,” by Pat Brisson.
- Teacher directions for the lesson.
- A copy of two pages from Funbook 2: Page 31 about finding combinations to make 10; and page 32 about planning a garden.
PLUS these additional items for extending the lesson:
- Step by step directions for making tissue paper roses.
- A chart showing all 65 possible combinations for making a bouquet of 10 roses using three different colors.
(See if kids can figure this out on their own!)
PURCHASE ORDERS are always an option. Send purchase orders to:
Projects in Education
2102 N. Crescent Blvd.
Yardley PA 19067
Price includes shipping and handling.