Amy Axelrod’s pig family is off to the beach. Maybe they should have planned ahead because they encounter a number of setbacks and the time gets away from them. By the time they are ready to jump into the waves, the lifeguard is closing the beach. This is a lesson about clock time – telling time and elapsed time. Have fun retelling the story as children show the time on their clocks.
Math Topics: Telling time in digital and analog formats.
Figuring out elapsed time.
FREE Downloadable Worksheets:
- Teacher Directions
- Make a Paper Plate Clock (For practice with telling time.)
- Digital Time Cards. (Photocopy on cardstock. Have children choose a card and show the time on an analog clock.)
- Where Did the Time Go? (Solving problems about elapsed time.)
JULY Packet… $19.99
The July packet will include one paperback copy of “Pigs on a Blanket” by Amy Axelrod, student worksheets, and teacher directions (including directions for making a paper plate clock, and matching digital to analog time).
The July packet includes one paperback copy of “Pigs on a Blanket” by Amy Axelrod, and hard copies of the teacher directions and student worksheets described above. In addition, you will get:
- Cards for showing both regular and military time.
- Game cards for playing a time version of “I Have Who Has”
Order online using your VISA or PayPal. Price includes shipping and handling.
PURCHASE ORDERS are always an option. Send purchase orders to:
Projects in Education
2102 N. Crescent Blvd.
Yardley PA 19067