Ants are always ready to have fun at a picnic. In this book, 100 hungry ants march off to a picnic, but one of the ants decides it would be better to go in 2 rows of
50… or 4 rows of 25… or 5 rows of 20… or 10 rows of 10! The ants spend a lot of time lining up, so by the time they get to the picnic there is nothing left to eat.
Math Topics: Number sense: counting, adding, finding factors.
Making multiplicative arrays. Prime numbers.
FREE Downloadable Worksheets:
- Teacher Directions, including activities for grades K-8.
- A blank Multiplication Chart to fill in the products.
- Factors for 1 to 100, for students unsure of their multiplication facts.
- 300 Ants, for cutting out and making arrays of ants.
AUGUST Packet… $19.99
The August packet includes one paperback copy of “One Hundred Hungry Ants” by Elinor J. Pinczes, and hard copies of the worksheets described above. In addition, you will get:
- Illustrations for how to make arrays, as a prelude to learning multiplication facts (for younger grades) and for identifying prime numbers (for older grades).
- From Funbook 2, a partially-completed multiplication chart for finding missing products and practicing multiplication facts.
- From the Advanced Funbook, finding prime numbers using the Sieve of Eratosthenes.
Order online using your VISA or PayPal. Price includes shipping and handling.
PURCHASE ORDERS are always an option. Send purchase orders to:
Projects in Education
2102 N. Crescent Blvd.
Yardley PA 19067